Pages

Sunday 5 April 2015

Spring clearout: HUGE empties!

Welcome back lovelies,

I have today after a very quiet Winter, a line-up of all of my recently used up products, along with some quick thoughts about each. Hopefully it will help you decide whether to invest in, or skip on some of these goodies!





















1. Nivea Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Cream - I really enjoyed this budget product, it's thick and provides great moisture. However it is quite heavily scented and I have found some less chemical-filled alternatives to try out.
2. Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion - a staple multipurpose moisturiser, this no-scent no-nonsence bottle of goodness is definitely going to be repurchased for the days when my skin can't take anything else.
3. Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Clarifying Toner - my favourite toning water of all time (as featured in my Winter skincare post), it was moisturising, cleansing and contained no nasty additives. Will be buy again very soon. 
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream - again, a lovely all-round facial moisturiser, but it's a little too thin-textured for my now drier skin. Will probably try the heavy-duty version of this in the future.

5. L'Oreal Paris False Lash Telecscopic Waterproof Mascara - became my absolute favourite mascara (I personally prefer slightly drier formulas) and the fibres in these really do work to give ultra length. Sadly this has been discontinued online, but still found at some larger Boots. 
6. L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Wateproof Mascara - did what it says on the package, good at separating and volumising. However I'm not too fond of the wetter formula, it always smudged on my lower lids despite the 'waterproof' stamp.
7. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Sand 20) - a much 'raved about' concealer, I also quite liked this one but it's not my favourite. It is a runnier version of the NARS Radiant, and personally I'd recommend it for under the eye. However I find it still a little too thick (for me!) and find it highlights some fine lines.

8. PureBess Galactomyces 80 Eye Cream - this beast of a bottle has taken me the best part of a year to finish! I really liked the effects it had on the general texture of my under-eye area, I can definitely say that it has become less dry and much smoother. I would get this again, but most likely when I find it on a trusted Korean beauty website.
9. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum - (note that the packaging has changed, see the link!) a lovely creamy serum which sinked nicely into the skin. I again liked this product, but am trying to switch to more natural/organic products so will probably not repurchase.
10. PureBess Galactomyces 100% Essence - I really enjoyed this, and it was much more than just a glorified water. I used this instead of serum in the warmer months, and it really helped to prep my skin for moisturiser by making it instantly smoother and toned up.
11. Superdrug Cocoa Brownie for Brunettes Dry Shampoo - my first venture into the coloured dry shampoos, and have to say I'm not a convert just yet. Because of the strong spray sometimes I got the dark brown powder on my skin when spraying close to my hairline....  :'D. However the formula itself was good and volumising but probably won't buy again as I'm currently using CoLab (spoiler - I love it!).
12. Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturiser -this was a much loved product (you might remember from my review back when) which sadly couldn't provide enough moisture for me in the stripping, cold weather. However if you have oily skin you will love it! As for me, the carrots range will be tested out soon no doubt.
--------------------------------------

Whew, and that's my first empties over and done with! Can you believe it, I have two more already lined up - I am trying very hard to finish products this year before they go past their shelf life. Anyhow thanks again for passing by, it means a lot. 

Happy Easter everyone!

Lots of love as always,





No comments:

Post a Comment