Pages

Sunday 2 November 2014

Memebox Superbox #60 Back to School By Hope Girl

Hello there strangers!

Hope you've all been well in my absence - it's been far too long since I've posted anything and thank you so much (once again) for sticking it out! So today I have an exciting review for you guys and gals from my favourite beauty box provider, Memebox. Valued at just $19 (+ $6.99 international shipping) I found 5/6 full-size items inside so couldn't really have been happier - you can get your own here!



I haven't heard of the brand Hope Girl before, so was really excited to try out a new makeup range which has had a huge hit in Asia. I have already used the products a few times, so it's less of an 'unboxing' post! Also I have inserted a cheeky full face of makeup using the contents right at the end, just for a change. ;D 


1. Hope Girl Waterproof Eyeliner - Brown // Twin Sharpener ($18)
I was so happy about getting a softer pencil liner after my slight obsession with the felt-tip type pens. Enriched with skin-loving vitamins, I found this product blendable and smooth but close to 100% smudge-proof once it sets. The colour is a slightly iridescent medium-dark brown which doesn't look flat (nor obviously shimmery or metallic) along the lashline. I also use this as an eyeshadow base for smokier looks as it works perfectly under powder products. For my first experience with Korean make-up, I am totally impressed.

The liner also came with a fairly standard double-sized pencil sharpener with a twist! The little transparent cap has proved to be super useful when traveling. I have found this sharpener best for 'harder' pencils, such as the waterproof eyeliner - it seemed to work less well with my brow pencil (the wax accumulated and sort of blocked the sharp edge, resulting in a not-so-sharp nib...).

3. Hope Girl Milky Balm Lipstick - OR306 Grapefruit ($22)
One of Hope Girl's best-selling products, this creamy tinted balm style lipstick was one of my favourite products! It claims a 10h staying power which I can't vouch for as it lasts around 3 hours on a normal day consisting of some chatting and, a lot of tea... However, it is very pigmented yet comfortable to wear, the subtle orange wears down to a bright-hued stain. I really enjoy putting this on in the morning for a pop of fun colour, even if it is my ideal Summer shade (so will be saving this for next year for sure!).

4. Hope Girl Teen Teen Star Mineral Eyeshadow - Purple Brown ($10)
I received the purple-toned eyeshadow out of the possible selection, and it is a wonderfully soft, finely-milled pressed mineral powder. It swatches a medium dark brown with a purple sheen, and looks lovely on the lids either as a light wash all over the lid, or used wet and placed on the outer 'V' in a smokey eye. It lasts ALL day with a good primer (if you have oily lids comme-moi!), and is extremely versatile. Oh - and it works wonderfully on top of a smudged Hope Girl waterproof liner. ;)

5. Hope Girl Nude Skin Color Control Cream - SPF30 PA++ ($31)
I'm not an avid user when it comes to CC/BB creams, although I do have some positive experience with the [original] Korean versions. When I swatched this I knew that I could not use this product on its own, it has close to no coverage and a lot of that glowy 'sheen' (it is very similar in texture to the Body Shop's BB Cream, with its pH-adjusting bursting colour beads). When applied on the face, it evened out/brightened my skintone just the right amount to layer under a matte foundation. Even though I probably wouldn't repurchase this for my combination skin, I will carry on using it as a primer and daily SPF.

6. Hope Girl Nail Travel Bling Bling Set - Neutral Aura ($14)
This was a nice little edition to the box, though I'm not sure how 'school-appropriate' nail varnishes are. :P 01 is a peach colour with a shimmery frost finish, it is lovely neutral nude tone on the nails which would suit any skin tone. 02 is a warm-toned translucent brown shade and 03 a multi-tonal glitter polish with gold flakes of difference sizes. I have used all three layered (as suggested on the packaging) and think it works a treat! 

Eyeliner - CC Cream (rubbed in towards the right, you can see how the colour adjusts to skin tone)- Lipstick - Eyeshadow
Did my nails as suggested on the back of the packaging! Gradient nude nails with a bit of bling ;D. I only applied one coat of the lightest shade, and it turned out beautifully even and pigmented enough for a subtle sheen. This is also a picture after 3 days of wear - no chipping!
Ma face as promised! Mixed in the CC cream with my Rimmel Stay Matte foundation (as you can see, the high SPF does have a lightening effect), used the eyeliner as an eyeshadow base and along my bottom lash line, and topped off with some bright Milky Balm lipstick.
Please excuse the lack of attention to my brows... This eyeshadow combination is super wearable and easy - I only used my fingers to smudge everything in! Also lasts around 6-7 hours without creasing. :D
--------------------------------------

Again, I am so so impressed with Memebox - it is SUCH incredibly good value for your wallet, and a perfect opportunity to try out Asian beauty products. I was really happy with this one-brand trial box, and am definitely going to check out more Hope Girl makeup in the future.

Let me know if you've tried out Memebox recently! And remember to get yours before it sells out!

Lots of love as always,

No comments:

Post a Comment