Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Double Review: Dr. Organic Snail Gel & Aloe Concentrated Cream

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all well, and enjoying the much-welcomed mini heatwave that's hit us in the UK. As you may have seen in my last post, I've used up my beloved Cetaphil moisturiser and thought it was time to try out something a little different. What I've stumbled across recently is the beauty aisle in Holland and Barrett (usually tucked at the back, it's honestly a hidden gem). I couldn't resist the Dr. Organic display, and it was definitely time to try out the iconic Snail Gel, before the Aloe Concentrated Cream also caught my eye.





First glance
The sturdy (but sleek) glass jars really appealed to me, perhaps not the most convenient for traveling but I liked the idea having these sat on my dressing table. The Snail Gel is a clear pale yellow, slightly runny gel which smells of citrus fruits, and the Aloe Cream is a very thick, scoop-able cream with a much feinter fresh citrus-y scent.

Ingredients 
First of all, the Dr Organic brand claims to be "Free From Parabens, SLS, Artificial Colours, Fragrances, Harsh preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians. Against animal testing." They are also manufactured in the UK using as many organically sourced ingredients as possible - pretty awesome if you ask me!
  
(Order of high to low content) 
Snail Gel:
Aloe barbadensis [Aloe vera] leaf juice, Aqua, Snail secretion filtrate [Helix aspersia muller], Glycerin (humectant), Polyglyceryl-3 cocoate, Sodium hyaluronate [hyaluronic acid], Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Potassium sorbate (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium hydroxide (pH adjuster), Litsea cubeba [May Chang] oil, Cymbopogon schoenanthus [Lemongrass] oil, Citrus aurantifolia [Key lime] oil, Citral (natural fragrance), Citronellol (natural fragrance), Limonene (natural fragrance), Geraniol (natural fragrance), Linalool (natural fragrance). 

Concentrated Aloe Vera Concentrated Cream:
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice extract, Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol (emulsifier), Butyrospermum parkii [Shea butter], Theobroma cacao [Cocoa] seed butter, Cetearyl glucoside, Glycerin (humectant), Prunus amygdalus dulcis [Sweet almond] oil, Oleyl oleate (emulsifier), Isopropyl palmitate (emolient), Diisopropyl (solvent).



Application & performance
Snail Gel: light textured and sinks VERY quickly into the skin. I like to use an even layer across my skin after cleansing both morning and night to bring back instant moisture and ridding of the 'after-washing' tight sensation. I have found it works very well as a replacement for serum/essence water, and it definitely has improved the general appearance and texture of my skin over the last few months.

Aloe Cream: heavy-duty but still easily absorbed, I have fallen in love with this multi-purpose moisturiser! I still have a backup of my beloved Body Shop Aloe Mask but this feels somewhat less sticky and even richer. I use this as an after-sun as as a daily face cream both day and night - it doesn't give spectacular results but is a failsafe option for my dehydrated and sensitive skin.

Claims to fame?
Snail Gel: 
"Anti-bacterial substances that all have beneficial healing, smoothing and purifying effects on human skin." - seeing as it has helped both heal and prevent (non-hormonal) spots, these are probably true to some extent.
"Effective in softening wrinkles, smoothing skin and scar reduction." - I don't feel like I have used this product long enough to see huge differences in my fine lines but feel like redness has generally been reduced.
Aloe Cream:
"Deal for daily use on irritated skin, stretch marks, scars and uneven skin tone, it is highly soothing and calming." - definitely agree, have never experienced any irritation or reaction towards this! Win!

Final thoughts
I love using these two beauties in conjunction both morning and night - it's a great alternative to layering lots and lots of products! They are both very gentle (and naturally fragranced) and so far, effective in delivering safe and reliable care for all skin types. I highly recommend the Snail Gel especially if you wanted to try much-talked about Korean products containing the magic filtrate. The Aloe Cream is also great for those of you who need straightforward and fuss-free skincare!
--------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this double review! Don't forget to keep up with my daily doses of beauty and fashion over on Instagram (@yangloves) and Twitter (@yangloves_)!

Lots of love as always,

Yang xo

No comments:

Post a Comment