Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

June beauty favourites!

Dear all,

Welcome to my first ever monthly favourites! I love reading others' posts and thought it was time to jump on the bandwagon. ^_^







Skincare:
After one too many merry nights and plenty of lost beauty sleep, my skin completely broke out. I have been trying out lots of tea tree oil products, and this has been an absolute life saver. It's the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil. I tip a few drops onto the back of my hand, and use a clean finger to dab onto both active and healing blemishes. I've noticed a dramatic increase in recovery speed as well as fading of scars.

The La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Tinted Cream has been my go-to SPF (of 50!) product during this Mediterranean-esque heatwave. I mix it with my usual daily moisturiser and they  work wonders as a make-up base. The colour does look a tad scary in the tube, but blends out to a healthy glow.

Make-up:
Having tested LOTS of new lip products (blame the lip product addict tag!!), I've been reaching for this one the most - the L'Oreal Paris Glam Matte Gloss. If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen this colour featured lots! It is basically a matte lip cream, I have the shade 513 "Zip It Rouge" (the most wearable shade), it's a beautiful soft berry which dries matte in a more natural rather than a dry way. It lasts well the lips, and leaves quite a pigmented stain if eating or drinking is involved.

I've been dying to try out Eyeko makeup, and was elated when I found their Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (in black) as a freebie in this month's Glamour magazine. It's one of the best eyeliner pens I've ever tried: it is jet black, dries quickly, buildable and pretty smudge proof (this is a mean feat for a contact lens wearer like me!). The stiff nib is perfect for both a thin line close to the lashline and a full-on cat eye!  

Nails:
Many of you have already kindly complimented on this nail colour: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Blueberry. It's the perfect pale-neon cool toned blue which makes a tan pop! The formula is smooth and dries fairly quickly, it usually lasts 3-4 days before noticeable chipping with a good top coat (I use the Sally Hansen Mega Shine).

Body:
I was eager to try out the infamous Soap & Glory's Hand Food which I received in my Missguided goodie bag - and it definitely didn't disappoint. It's the perfect hand cream for summer as it's SO easily absorbed and leaves absolutely no touchable or visible residue. The 50ml tube is perfect for travel - and I also use this on other parts of my body!


--------------------------------------

Hope y'all enjoyed this type of post - please let me know if you'd like to see more of these in the future. ^_^

Lots of virtual hugs,

Yang xo
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment