Pages

Thursday 3 July 2014

Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Good day my lovelies!

So I've been trying this mini-sized Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara for a good week or so (also what I've been wearing in all my recent Instagram posts ^_^) and thought it was time to review this baby.





Face value
The matte pink metallic tube looks very girly but sophiscated, and feels high quality straightaway. It's very sleek for a mascara and will fit nicely into your makeup bag. The wand itself is fairly unique (a comparable drugstore version is Max Factor Wild Mega Volume), and I think it intends to 'fan out' lashes by accentuating the inner and outer parts, applying more product in those areas.

Application
The formula is extremely smooth, and is not at clumpy when first removed from the tube. It coats most lashes but I did struggle to get right to the base of mine as the wand head is a little too wide for my small oriental eyes. However, I found this mascara very easy to build up without too much clumping (it did stick a few outside lashes together, but that's not necessarily a bad thing). 

What it wasn't so good at was bottom lashes. The bristles are simply too long to avoid product transfer onto the lower lash line, which results to smudging throughout the day.


Bare, curled lashes

One coat

Two coats
Top and bottom lashes

Claims to fame?
"1.944% more volume"
 - Not entirely sure how they calculated this, but I would say it's a very volumising product
"Longer lashes"
- (I'm hoping most mascaras can do this?!) Yes, but this is not the mascara's selling point
"A dramatic look with one coat"
- Am afraid I have to disagree, but that is probably due to the fact I can't squiggle the wand right to the base of my lashes
"Film-forming polymer for smudge-proof, all day wear"
- I have suffered from smudging especially when applied to lower lashes, so again have to disagree
"Acacia Senegal Tree extract nourishes, thickens & locks curl in place"
- Definitely feels nourishing (it leaves the lashes very soft and 'bouncy'), definitely thickens but cannot compare to waterproof mascaras when holding the curl - I lose the curl almost completely after multiple coats
"Unique peptides for the deepest, intense black possible"
- Yes and yes! 

Final thoughts

This is overall a pretty good mascara, although I would say more suited to people with naturally curly lashes and larger eyes than mine! If you need waterproof mascara to hold the curl and avoid smudging/melting throughout the day, it's better to spend your money elsewhere.

However if you don't have oily lids or need to curl your lashes, this product would be perfect to create soft, fluttery, but dramatic smokey lashes. It's at a good price for a high-end mascara so do check it out!


--------------------------------------

Thanks for all your love recently, it really makes my days tick. <3

Yang xo Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment