Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Review: Lee Stafford Ubuntu Oils From Africa Moisturising Blow Dry Smotheee

Hello lovelies,

Sorry I have been away for a while, but here's an exciting review for you guys! It is the hot pink Lee Stafford Ubuntu Oils Blow Dry Smoothee. I'm not going to lie about being a hair products fiend, but when I received this in my Company goodie bag I did get a little excited.




First glance
The product comes in a very sturdy Lee Stafford packaging with a (lockable) pump, which is useful for controlling the exact amount dispensed. The smoothie itself possesses quite a strong sweet smell, which may or may not be appealing. 150ml is however very reasonable for a full-sized product, considering a little goes a long way and it's also sleek enough for travelling.



Ingredients
The starts of the show are jajoba and baobab oils, which are renowned for their moisturising and anti-oxidant properties. These are enriched in vitamins A, a free-radical figther and E, a promoter of scalp circulation and therefore healthier, softer hair. The package does not list a full list of ingredients however (due to patent reasons?), so a little extra research may be required!

Application & performance
It is a thick gel-like consistency which applies evenly across the hair. I followed the instructions of distributing it from root to tip, which helped to replenish all of my hair without making the roots oily. The formula (I presume) also includes heat protection, which makes this product a great multitasker. It has definitely helped to keep split ends at bay and given me a super 'second day' hair, and actually found it to keep my hair less greasy and also enhance natural highlights. 

For best smoothing and detangling results, I would recommend using a ceramic-barrel styling hair brush, and blow dry from top down slowly (like this). Personally, I would also suggest 1-2 pumps for shoulder length hair and below, and 3-4 pumps for longer, thicker hair.

For reference, this was only around a quarter of a single pump - I only use two pumps for all of my hair.
Claims to fame?
"Gets rid of frizz" - definitely! I didn't think I had particularly frizzy hair (as it is fairly straight and heavy), but I definitely saw a difference after using this - there were less flyaways and also kept my styling in shape for longer.
"Moisturising" - again, yes. I didn't use conditioner or hair serum to see the real difference. It doesn't leave it SUPER silky soft, but definitely shiny, smooth and manageable.
"Smoothing" - [see photos below ^_^]
"Gives you control when blow drying" - this was never something which I would have taken into account, but actually it really helps to grip your hair onto the bristles on your brush to allow effective blow drying.
"Great fragrance" - personal preference of course, but definitely leaves you with that salon-fresh feeling!

Before...
... And ta-dah!! Salon-finish hair (almost :P)!
Final thoughts
As you can see, it really works wonders for dry and combination hair. This is a really lovely product which does what it says on the tin, and definitely worth the £11.99 price tag as it will also last a long time. It is particularly good for thick hair as it doesn't weigh it down and can replace many other products such as conditioner and hair oils.

--------------------------------------

Now available on the Boots website, I hope you will get a chance to try out some of the products from this new range!

Until next time... Lots of love as always,

No comments:

Post a Comment