Pages

Saturday 6 September 2014

July & August beauty favourites!

Hello again lovelies!

I'm back from the family fun and all ready to face the new term! Having tried quite a few new products recently, I've rounded up my most reached-for skincare and make-up items for a little joint monthly favourites.


Skincare
A range I discovered though Memebox has made its way into my daily skincare routine. The Purebess' Galactomyces Eye Cream and Galactomyces 100% Essence have made a marked difference in my skin's texture. The eye cream is perfect for both day and night as it is thick but non-greasy, absorbs quickly and instantaneously smoothes my eye area. The essence isn't like anything I've used before, not sure if I'm doing it right but I have been tipping a few drops into my palms before patting onto my whole face. I have replaced serum with it, and it's great at mattifying, softening and prepping the skin for moisturisation. The most interesting thing that I discovered is that the key ingredient, galactomycces, is the same extract used in the cult SKII's essence water...Say what! I'm definitely holding onto these beauties. 

A less frequent, but prominent feature in my beauty regime has been the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask. It is a really effective clay mask, and I have enjoyed applying it around once a week onto my blemished areas. It has really helped my skin feel refreshed and soothed (I'm guessing due to the aloe vera), and best of all - accelerated the healing process of new blemishes. Sadly, I can't say it has helped prevent any spots from coming up, but hopefully going back to a 'normal' work schedule soon will help the stress and hormones. ^_^

Make-up
Shocking fact of the month: I haven't been wearing much of it recently...(!) It's been a bit of a sunscreen-and-go few weeks. However, I have been slowly gathering more and more L'Oreal make-up bits into my cosmetics bag and these two have been used almost every time I have made up!

After watching Shan (of shaaanxo) for some time, I finally gave in and bought the Lumi Magique Primer, and boy how I love it so. Normally not a fan of silicone-feeling primers (which is probably why I hadn't owned ANY for about two years), I was suitably impressed by the versability and performance of what's inside this sleek little tube. The best way I've found for using this, is actually mixing a small pumpful with my foundation - giving a healthy glow and correcting the consistency of my richer, high-coverage foundations. For layering it under thinner bases like my L'Oreal (surprise!) True Match, I find it a little too thick to spread all over my face, so instead I buff a little across my cheekbones, forehead and chin to highlight those areas. Definitely try this out, especially if you have drier skin.

And... Lets talk about bronzers. I have fallen head over heels over this affordable but luxurious bronzer, the L'Oreal Glam Bronze Mono. It is a lightweight, finely-milled and most importantly, subtle product on the face. I have the shade Blonde Sun, which is perfect for my light-medium toned skin. Using a flat top kabuki brush, I tend to swirl it from the cheek area towards my ear, and up the temples slightly - it sits and blends in beautifully with my setting powder. It also works well as a natural contour powder, as it isn't too warm in colour.The handy little mirror in the compact is another welcome bonus, whats not to love?

Bodycare
The stand out item for me is this Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. Having been outdoors a fair bit, this cream has prevented my hands from cracking. I've also used it on the rest of my skin and totally saved me from bringing a separate body lotion! It really is a fab multi-fasker. Richness: tick; easy absorption: tick; value for money: double tick.The only thing is that the smell is definitely not the usual hand cream sweet, fruity scent - it smells a little herbal and more woody (but not quite as stringent as the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hours, phew), so perfect for men and ladies alike! 

--------------------------------------

After a rather long Summer I'm rather looking forward to getting back into a routine, as well as Autumn style and beauty trends! Thanks so much everyone for sticking with me after some time off, I will aim to post once or twice every week (about to start my Masters, eek!), but will be active daily on Instagram and Twitter as usual!

Lots of love,

Yang xo
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment