Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Make-up haul (with swatches): Superdrug & Boots

Hey beauties!

Hope you're all well! Today I have a little haul post featuring drugstore brow, eye and cheek products. Some of which are from new (for me!) brands, and have to say they are absolutely brilliant! All you need to see are the beautiful swatches...



Superdrug
I bought from three brands which are exclusive to Superdrug - these were excellent value for money and definitely comparable to much more expensive products.

The Beauty UK brow pencil is metallic, pigmented and smooth, but waxy enough to stay put all day; the GOSH eye shadow jumbo pencils are 100% waterproof and smudge-proof when set; and the MUA brow gel is a perfect colour match for my grey-black oriental eyebrows!



Boots
So then of course, I just had to go into Boots. The Sleek 'Buy 1 Get 2nd Half Price' deal was simply too good to walk away from, so I came back with my first ever eyeshadow and blush palettes from them! 

The quality and colours really impressed me. I thought the blush colours are perfect for Autumn/Winter, and they apply beautifully with a duo-fibre brush (as they are SO pigmented!). After a LOT of contemplation, the Storm i-Divine palette was chosen... It has a good combination of opaque mattes and non-chunky shimmers, with the top and bottom rows designed for daytime and night-time wear respectively. The formula is buttery and blendable (yes, even the mattes :D), I've also worn some of the colours without primer and they lasted all night.



Storm Palette (all natural lighting swatches below!) by Sleek




Sorry for the rubbish photo! It was so difficult to angle myself - but hope you can see how pigmented and crumbly soft the shadows are! (All Sleek swatches are one-swipe)

--------------------------------------

So there we go, my first drugstore make-up haul post. Hope you enjoyed reading (and looking at) it - please let me know if you liked the format! Also I would HIGHLY recommend trying out these brands and products, and hope you can all get your hands on them if you're not in the UK! And until next time...

Lots of love,

Yang xo
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment